Data Access Systems Engineer
Full details on application.
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco Italy is looking for an experienced Data Access Systems Engineer to work in large volume project team for a prestigious European customer. The role is focused on open source based technologies used for operating systems, database, and software development technologies.
- Routinely manage data access services server’s operating systems and database applications and relevant aspects related to performance, integrity and security.
- Contribute to the planning and development of the database layout.
- Troubleshoot issues.
- Ensure data consistency, user’s access management, data security and recoverability, efficient performance.
- Operations, maintenance and support activities to the data access servers and database integrations with other components such as the underlying cloud infrastructure, and the accessing applications.
- Execute monitoring and control of the data flows and associated servers and database infrastructure resources to proactively handle capacity, performance and availability issues.
- Continuously plan for data access components tuning tasks.
- Support the translation into data modelling of logical design.
- Installation and configuration of servers and database stacks, building systems of high availability and quality depending on requirements for databases, applications, and data access service components.
- Support the information security monitoring and proactive tasks.
- Work on resolving incidents.
- Owns technical documentation and drives for its adoption.
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the managed data access components.
- Ensure proper execution of backup operations.
- Ensure that the data access service components are compliant with security requirements.
- Regular interaction with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure data systems integrity and security.
- Regular implementation of needed changes and applying new patches and versions when required.
Main goal is to keep the systems, applications and database applications up and running smoothly 24/7, and providing a seamless flow of information, minimising data access services downtime and managing parameters to provide fast responses.
The Ideal Candidate
Minimum 5 years’ experience in any combination of the following:
- Systems integration (e.g. sys admin / mainly in a GNU/Linux environment) with network & security experience;
- Experience in GNU/Linux based systems administration;
- Proven working experience database management (MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB);
- Technical Reporting;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Familiarity with data manipulation languages and database design;
- Skills to work under pressure and willingness to keep up to date with new technology;
The candidate must be able to work in an international environment with excellent written and spoken English and can do attitude.
Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field of study.
Technical Certifications are an asset as well as ITIL based certifications
If candidates with equally relevant experience are identified, preference will be given to candidates within "Categorie Protette (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità” (only applicable for Italian candidates).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco SpA, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.