RT-C/HIF-ITT/00061 IT DOORS Engineer
The job has expired.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Telecom System Security Engineer.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for an IT DOORS Engineer with the main responsibilities:
- Setup a DOORS environment for various ESA projects and directorates;
- Setup and maintain a Cloud service for DOORS;
- Identify requirements based on classified and unclassified DOORS environments depending on projects needs;
- The user access to the DOORS system will be also from outside ESA firewalls for authorized external users (e.g. Industry, EU, GSA). In the case of access from outside the ESA firewall is necessary, it will be made by means of security tokens, subject to the ESA Security policies. Certain projects might not allow external access from outside ESA firewalls;
- Work closely with corporate IT services to find the best possible solutions for DOORS environments for internal and external users;
- Configuring each DOORS project independently and ensure that only authorized person can access a specific project space.
Additionally, the Key Person shall provide support to the user community to:
- Ensure assistance in the technical and functional use of the applications that are under his/her responsibility;
- Address requests related to applications and products out of his/her scope to the relevant support groups keeping the user informed.
The Key Person shall provide expert advice regarding current system functionality and respond to:
- Requests for manipulation of the database (e.g. generation of specific script for data upload, application configuration, etc.);
- Requests for data extraction, ad-hoc reports, etc.
- Troubleshooting applications errors not requiring intervention of the development team.
The Ideal Candidate
The candidate should have a at least Master Degree in a relevant area from a recognized Institution of secondary studies (University) or equivalent and min. 4 years of relevant experience.
- A deep understanding of IBM DOORS is required;
- Proficiency in databases systems (e.g. Oracle, MariaDB, etc.);
- A good experience in developing Web applications using standard application frameworks and related Web technologies;
- Experience in Java (web) development;
- Experience in software development (Pascal, C, C++, Java, Spring, Hibernate, PL/SQL, Perl, PHP, VB);
- Proficient in Software Debugging;
- Proficient in running operational environments.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English language is essential. Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, negotiation, etc.) are crucial.
- Ability to train and explain issues to users over the telephone and email, and to maintain clear communication with the ESA’s technical responsible on all tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- High sense of rigour, proactive attitude to solve problems
- Service orientation.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you