IT Service Desk and Desktop Support Operator
The job has expired.
Full details on application.
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco Italy is currently looking for an IT Service Desk and Desktop Support Operator
• Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, email and through the Service Management tool (Easyvista) providing first level of support to customers and escalating INC/SR to Line Manager for Technical Support Team’s attention and follow up
• Perform daily routine checks on systems status for clients’ information and send reports to clients
• Perform daily routine checks on systems for internal information and provide reports to Techsupport Team, highlighting warnings and/or alarms for appropriate troubleshooting and solution
• Support the technical team
• Act as Desktop support according to provided processes and procedures
• Follow standard help desk operations procedures
• Additional or different functions may be assigned from time to time
The Ideal Candidate
• Very Good knowledge of Windows7/10 to support end users
• Very Good knowledge of MS Office
• Good knowledge of Windows image management
• Good working knowledge of ITIL processes.
• Good knowledge of Service provision (ITSM tool)
• Basic working knowledge of VMware
• Basic working knowledge of Linux Operating System
• Basic working knowledge of Windows Server Operating System
• Basic working knowledge network
• Basic working knowledge domain
• Monitoring tools knowledge
• Good English Language knowledge (both written and spoken)
• Good communications skills
• Capacity of working in team
• Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones
• Capacity of working under pressure
• Strong customer service orientation skills
• Ability to provide effective phone and email support
• Self-motivation, ability to follow procedures and perform routine tasks with a minimum of supervision
• Attention to details
Preference will be given to candidates within "Categoria Protetta (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità”.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.