RT-C/TEC-ESV/00425 Radio Navigation Engineer
The job has expired.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer.
The work includes design, analysis, implementation and testing of radio navigation systems, with emphasis on radio navigation receivers as a key System Verification Tool.
The successful candidate will focus his/her activities on the following:
GNSS Systems Implementation, Integration, Verification and Experimentation including:
- Preparation, execution and analysis of simulations and Test Campaigns;
- Development and usage of Radio Navigation receivers and other System Verification Tools;
- Support to the Galileo project in the monitoring of industrial contracts for the design, development and verification of radio navigation receivers and their technologies, including hybridisation, and other System Verification Tools, and for studies on radio navigation, including generating technical requirements and statements of work;
- Following and/or overseeing experimentation and validation activities related to GALILEO Test User Receivers and other GALILEO System Verification Tools in liaison with engineering staff in the area of timing, user characterisation and UERE budget assessment.
- Following and/or overseeing evolutions of System Verification Tools inline with evolutions of GALILEO system, for example in Navigation Signal and Message, etc., and organising the subsequent related experimentation and validation.
- Participation to GALILEO System related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities to support the definition and preparation of test cases making use of the GALILEO System Verification Tools validation capabilities and to identify, characterise and follow-up System anomalies.
- Participation in the overall Radio Navigation R&D roadmap for the definition of high TRL activities with emphasis on the areas of Radio Navigation receivers and other System Verification Tools.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have the following tasks:
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA Projects and R&D activities and contracts technical follow-up.
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators.
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly in co-operation with third parties).
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects.
- Execution of internal R&D activities through design, prototyping, analysis and simulations.
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of Navigation systems and equipment.
- Preparation of technical documents on above subjects.
- Support to related demonstrations inside and outside ESTEC.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a PhD or MSc in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields, and minimum 4 years of experience in the tasks similar to the ones described above.
Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Additionally, the person requires :
- Specific and Strong knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in robust PNT.
- Specific and Strong knowledge and experience on the design, development and testing of Radio Navigation receivers, including signal processing, positioning algorithms, Radio Frequency, multi-antenna and sensor hybridisation aspects.
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning, integrity algorithms and robust positioning.
- At least 4 years’ experience relevant with GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment including receivers and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems.
- Proven experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
The following competencies would be an asset:
- Knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the extension to GALILEO support and associated integrity functions;
- Familiarity with Safety-Of-Life systems, with Advanced RAIM (A-RAIM) techniques and with RTK/PPP techniques.
- Familiarity with authentication and encryption techniques that could be relevant to expected GALILEO OS/CS evolutions in these domains.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and autonomously.
- Some experience of commercial simulation software is desirable.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.