Junior IT Support Specialist / Windows Migration (with English or/and French)
The job has expired.
Employee (Fixed-term) / Freelance contract available.
Full details on application.
Duration of the mission: April 2018 - December 2018.
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
To reinforce our team at our prestigious customer, a European Institution in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for a Junior IT Support Specialist / Windows 10 Migration.
Our customer requires the service of a Support Specialist to participate in the migration project from Windows 7 to Windows 10 by the Local Support Unit.
- Providing First and Second Line IT Support to end-users by phone, email and onsite;
- Collect all possible information about the current Windows 7 configuration on a given PC for a user migrating to Windows 10;
- Register, follow and close every migration action using a ticketing tool;
- Visit the user migrating to Windows 10 to verify local configurations;
- Visit the user again after his/her migration to Windows 10 to check the correct functioning of the PC;
- Help end users with the usage and troubleshooting of standard Windows 10 applications;
- Help end users with the usage and troubleshooting of standard Windows 10 configurations;
- Update the knowledge base;
- Participate in functional testing;
- Communicate all possible Windows 10 issues to the 3rd level support;
- Guarantee a high standard of customer satisfaction.
- Schedule the migration of a given PC of internal management systems (e.g. Active Directory, Surveyor, Confluence, ...).
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have at least 1-3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar role.
- Previous work experience with Windows Migrations;
- Good knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 interfaces;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016;
- Previous experience with service management tools / ticketing systems;
- Familiarity with ITIL methodology; ITIL Certificate V3 Foundation is strongly desirable;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Client oriented behaviour;
- Team spirit.
Language & communication skills:
- Fluency in English or / and French (at least level B2);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law. Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process. Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization. For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.