RT-S/TIA-AO/00073 Outreach and Business Analyst
The job has expired.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ECSAT, we are currently looking for an Outreach and Business Analyst for ESA’s Downstream Business Applications Department (TIA-A) which is responsible for the promotion of business applications and services and the development of new applications and services within the business applications domain. The purpose of the Applications Business Innovation Service is to stimulate a range of new applications that utilize and integrate different space assets, resulting in improved or new services for the citizens of Europe on a regional or national scale.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Customer’s service personnel appointed for the performance of the work. He/she will be the interface with ESA and be responsible for the coordination, the timely delivery and quality of the services.
The successful candidate will focus his/her activities on the following:
- Assist in preparation of the ESA Business Applications (BA) Countries and Outreach strategy;
- Identify User Communities and their Requirements;
- Identify suitable Space capabilities;
- Inform and educate potential Users;
- Interface with dedicated user groups in accordance with the objectives of ESA Business Applications;
- Promote the uptake of new Business Applications projects in identified ESA member states;
- Undertake business intelligence analysis in market sectors and specific countries of relevance to TIA (ESA’s Downstream Business Applications Department);
- Assess the impact that technology trends (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, robotics and automation) have in the market and the derived opportunities for space-based business applications;
- Undertake outreach activities for establishing contacts with user communities, industry fora, and relevant stakeholders;
- 20 Short duration European missions (2 days per trip) during the duration of this contract;
- 3 Medium duration European missions to ESTEC (1 week per trip) during the duration of this contract.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Physics, Engineering or Economic/Business studies, as well as experience in these fields, and minimum 4 years of experience in the tasks similar to the ones described above.
The following experience of the key person is essential:
- Significant experience in market development and business intelligence, preferably applied to some of the market sectors of relevance to space based applications;
- Sound knowledge of the overall space applications market, including the main space actors (technology suppliers, satellite operators, service providers);
- Familiarity with the underlying space technologies (i.e. satellite communications, navigation and Earth Observation);
- Good analytical, strategic and problem solving skills;
- Systematic work, creativity and an innovative attitude;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- High standard of document drafting;
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way;
- Willing to travel to ESA establishments and/or other European locations;
- Comfortable in an international working environment;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills and experience would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of ESA and in particular of TIA space applications programmes;
- Experience in managing space applications activities.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.