The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Brussels
Document Management Officer - DMO/ Documentalist
Job Reference B016/EC/401
This job has been closed.
- Relocation solution available (if applicable).
- A competitive salary/ benefits package in line with your profile and your contract.
- A prestige and challenging work environment with a real opportunity to build your career.
An excellent position has arisen in Brussels for a Document Management Officer - DMO/ Documentalist
The DMO will act as project manager for document management- related projects such as EDRMS (Electronic document and records management system) implementation and the implementation of security classification. In addition, the job-holder will manage a small library and subscriptions to database resources.
The jobholder will put in place policies, procedures, and tools for document management and provide information services to our customer. The DMO function has been placed in the IT sector, which is part of the Corporate Services unit.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the document management policy and document management systems;
- Assisting in elaborating the implementing rules and procedures concerning registration, filing, archiving and retention of documents and files, taking into account relevant provisions concerning information security and protection of personal data;
- Assisting with managing the various electronic document management systems
- Representing the Board and liaising on behalf of the Board in the different networks related to the document management policy of the client
- Liaising on behalf of the Board and ensuring access on behalf of the Board to staff to the different networks where the client provides and exchanges data and information for document management purposes;
- Managing such networks from the side of and on behalf of the client;
- Managing a small physical library and establishing procedures for checking-in/out books and journals;
- Providing support and managing the commercial databases to which the Board has purchased access for the staff;
- Assisting, in cooperation with the facilities team, in organising and maintaining the client’s central archives in accordance with existing regulations applicable to EU Institutions;
- Regularly testing the functioning of the client’s document management policy, by investigating whether the security classification system works well, and by testing audit trails;
- Working together with staff from other teams to ensure the information of the client is managed in a secure way;
- Providing training sessions on document management;
- Providing support and assistance on document management to secretarial staff;
- Performing any other duties as required by line management in the interest of the Service
- University diploma
- 6-10 years of experience; of which 5 years in document management/ relevant experience
- Languages skills - an excellent command of spoken and written English
- User Knowledge of SharePoint and Ares would be an asset
- EU work permit
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 120,000 employees worldwide.
Serco is a values-led company and our culture and ethos are at the heart of everything we do.
These are core values that employees live by at Serco:
• We value working with our customers in a collaborative, flexible way.
• We encourage social responsibility, treating people in the way we would wish to be treated.
• We instil a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference.
• We aim to build a long term relationship by bringing assured service delivery, helping our clients achieve their ambitions.