The following content displays a map of the jobs location - ESTEC, Noordwijk
RFP 16-02 Galileo Service and Planning Operations Engineer
Job Reference G016/OD8/40
This job has been closed.
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company that improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world. The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public services, including science and defence.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies. With over 1500 staff in the space business covering a wide spectrum of experience and skills, we convey best practice, expertise and innovation in our business.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Galileo Service and Planning Operations Engineer.
You will be assigned to the System and Flight Operations Unit of the Galileo Operations Procurement Service Division and will report to the Head of System and Flight Operations Section. Your tasks will include the following:
- Follow the definition and implementation of the overall Service KPIs to be applied to Galileo during the Initial Service Validation and Provision phases, and coordinate the technical definition, implementation and validation of the specific operational KPIs;
- Support the preparation and validation the operational procedures to interface with the external service providers;
- Manage the Operational Interfaces with the Service Centres, and the delivery of the agreed products (OSM, OSP, ORSI, etc.), also in the frame of the Galileo Early Services;
- Organise resource management meetings (OSMBs) and coordinate with the Long Term Plan preparation, ensuring that the OSMB outcomes are properly taken into account and flown down also at Mid Term Plan level;
- Manage Planning Requests affecting service provision and Service related incidents analysis investigation;
- Support the enhancing of operational planning processes and operational interfaces;
- Active participation to the Service Anomaly Review Boards for the investigation of planned and unplanned outages affecting the service availability and reporting of the analysis results as input to the NAGU process;
- Attendance of Anomaly Review Boards and Configuration Control Board following in particular the technical issues related to Services provision;
- Support the achievement of Operations readiness for GALILEO Services Provision;
- Support the organisation of the GALILEO Project Operations Service Reviews;
- Development in collaboration with the G2G Project Experts the definition of the G2G services.
As successful candidate you should bring a university degree and the following:
- Significant experience in operations engineering, operations and / or service provision related activities, with some experience in management tasks;
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing;
- Familiar with Spacecraft and Ground Segment subsystem knowledge;
- Able to carry on activities and interact in a complex teamwork environment;
- A proven experience in in a commercial / industrial environment is required;
- Able to work independently;
- Familiarity with the ESTEC environment;
- Some experience dealing with external interfaces;
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities;
- Experience related to developments in the Galileo project (GIOVE, IOV, FOC) will be considered an asset.
The appointment is subject to the selected key personnel having or obtaining personal security clearance from his / her national security authority.
This work requires frequent travels within Europe.
All applicants must hold a current valid work permit for the Netherlands or be EU nationals.
Due to the high interest these roles generate, Serco reserves the right to commence, alter or conclude the recruitment process prior to the closing date. If shortlisted, a recruiter will contact you directly. If not, your application will remain in our database and can be matched against future openings. You can also login at any time to apply to additional positions.