RT-C/TEC-PCE/00273 Radio Navigation Engineer
This job has been closed.
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company that improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world. The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public services, including science and defence.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies. With over 1500 staff in the space business covering a wide spectrum of experience and skills, we convey best practice, expertise and innovation in our business.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer.
As Radio Navigation Engineer you will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) for signal design for current and future evolution of the systems;
- participation in studies supporting current and future radio navigation system definition and/or analysis (EGNOS/GALILEO evolutions and GPS modernisation) regarding system, signals-in-space design and ground processing;
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contract related to the procurement of GNSS receiver for infrastructure or user applications;
- Design, definition and follow up of R&D contract related to the procurement of GNSS future ground/space infrastructure receiver and user technology;
- Support implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for testing receivers and applications;
- Support design and testing of Radio Navigation equipment;
- Support End to End GALILEO/EGNOS System Integration, Validation and Qualification activities in particular in the area of receiver and user equipment testing.
A Master Degree in Telecom Engineering and 4 years of experience as a minimum are required as well as background and experience on GNSS navigation performance and spacecraft system engineering will be required.
You should also bring the following:
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment;
- strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers;
- several years experience relevant with the GNSS1 and GALILEO systems and equipment and have and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems;
- be specialised in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
All applicants must hold a current valid work permit for the Netherlands or be EU nationals.
Due to the high interest these roles generate, Serco reserves the right to commence, alter or conclude the recruitment process prior to the closing date. If shortlisted, a recruiter will contact you directly. If not, your application will remain in our database and can be matched against future openings. You can also login at any time to apply to additional positions.