Quality Assurance Manager (4693, L1)
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager, based in Brussels.
The selected candidate will be tasked with:
- The organisation, management and follow up of test activities related to the introduction of UN/FLUX data exchanges with Member States and third parties as well as end user of IFDM applications, in particular FLUX FMC. This task encompasses:
- Preparation of the testing exercise with Member States and related documentation,
- Planning and execution of the tests
- Follow-up of and reporting on status, progress and quality of service
- Coordination with the project teams internally and in Member States,
- Management and follow-up of user requests.
- Coordination of communication activities and in particular:
- Publication of the documentation under CIRCABC,
- Drafting and dissemination of the weekly communication to Member States with status updates and progress on data management related activities.
- Dissemination of information using the MARE Intranet.
- Conception and organisation of user documentation for information systems, including archiving and organisation under CIRCABC.
- Conception and management of IS and ICT trainings for applications managed under IFDM.
- Participation in user, service and project meetings, and in particular in Expert group meetings with Member States. The tasks include the preparation of such meetings, giving presentations and leading discussions on specific subjects related to the job and drafting minutes.
- Management of the Master Data register, using Talend
The Ideal Candidate
Specific expertise and skills
The selected person should have the knowledge and at least 5 years’ experience in the following fields:
- Excellent knowledge of ETL and SQL;
- Proven knowledge of SOAP UI, XMLSpy, Oracle SQL Developer (or other SQL tools) and Excel,
- Proven knowledge in quality support of information systems or in end user assistance;
- Proven knowledge in document and master data management;
- excellent cooperation and social behaviour;.
- be a team player;
- share knowledge and information.
- She/he is also called to demonstrate:
- ability to deliver quality and results, and in particular
- capacity to act upon problems,
- ability to deliver high quality standards,
- being solution-oriented,
- thinking critically.
The selected candidate should have and be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the elaboration and maintenance of IS quality control procedures;
- Experience in the management of quality aspects of data applications;
- Knowledge of wiki, collaborative sites and social networks.
- Knowledge of the Talend tool (or other master data management tool) is an asset;
- Knowledge of fisheries and maritime affairs domains is an asset.
Competences and skills
The selected person shall demonstrate:
- Ability to analyse and and solve problems.
- Ability to organise and prioritise, and in particular
- good reporting method,
- planning capacity,
- and capacity to deliver in a structured way;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English (at least level B2), as well as the ability to
- express her/himself in a concise and clear way,
- give oral presentations,
- participate in multi-lingual meetings;
- Ability of working with others, including notably (on top of specific expertise and skills mentioned above):
- Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment,
- Quickly adapt to new environments
The selected candidate shall be fluent in English. Any other EU language is an asset.
Documents, presentations and meetings are in English.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.