CANCELLED - RT-C/EOP-PM/00095 Configuration & Documentation Management Officer
The job has expired.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we would like to recruit an experienced Configuration and Documentation Management Officer to support the Earth Observation Project Department and specifically the Earth Explorers Programme within the Earth Observation Directorate. He/she will work across the Earth Explorer projects and also be delegated to work on specific Projects. Initially the split will be 50% EarthCARE, 20% Altius and the rest on Flex and Aelous. As such he/she will liaise on a daily basis with the various members of his/her Projects and report to the Product Assurance Managers and Project Managers.
Tasks will include:
• Acting as the focal Configuration and Documents management expert within Earth Explorers to support the definition and maintenance of the project CM Processes and tools, to ensure exchange of experience and to promote some degree of standardisation
• Contribute towards the project CADM plans and monitor CM performance (together with the Product Assurance Managers)
• Organise Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) for the disposition of RFWs, RFDs and configuration change requests / proposals.
Specific tasks include:
• Keeping Plato/Eclipse updated with new RfW/RfDs, project specific information and latest RfW/RfD status
• Notifying the CCB members and the experts/specialists for an evaluation of the RfW/RfD
• Preparing the draft MoM, a list of RfWs to be discussed and signed at the CCB
• Recording the outcome of the meeting and publishing signed MoMs
• Communicating outcome of CCB to parties involved
• Downloading processed RfW/RfDs into the documentation system
• Processing of DCNs
• Control the evolution of the Project Baseline Requirements and the
provision of traceability for the changes
• Set up and coordinate Project Reviews to ensure the availability of the
Data package and manage the RID/eRID System
• Supporting the implementation and maintenance of adequate
configuration control methods and procedures, consistent with
• Provide status data and maintaining a well-structured configuration
• Assist in the preparation of project audits
• Perform Data collection, extraction from different Corporate applications (e.g. PRISMA, Eclipse, Plato) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis
• Support users in retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources
like ESTEC library, scanned documents on CD-ROM or via Internet, etc.
• Other responsibilities as defined by the Product Assurance and Project Managers
The contractor is expected to be or become quickly familiar with the
Agency’s internal IT tools needed for the conduct of his/her tasks
The Ideal Candidate
The key person should bring:
• Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering or Configuration Management
• At least 4 years of previous relevant practical working experience
• Proficient in MS Office packages with experience of high level Project Administration
• Knowledge of ESA Configuration and Documentation Management standards (ECSS)
• Knowledge of ESA administrative and documentation management tools is an advantage
• Experience with ESA and Earth Observation projects is an advantage
• Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
• Initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the outside world (e.g. Industry)
• Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of other
European languages is an asset
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.