RT-C/HRE-MP/00043 Programme/Project Controller
The job has expired.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Programme/Project Controller to support the ExoMars Missions.
The ExoMars Missions are one of the flagship project of the European Space Agency. Having successfully placed a scientific orbiter around the Red Planet at the end of 2016, the second part of the programme will launch in 2020, in collaboration with our Russian partners, an additional spacecraft composite that will land a complex rover and a scientific platform on the surface of Mars. As such, ExoMars represents Europe’s most ambitious robotic exploration mission since Rosetta.
The two ExoMars missions aim to answer one of the outstanding scientific questions of our time, that of whether life ever existed on and below the surface of Mars. In the process of doing so, ExoMars will also demonstrate new technologies needed to pave the way for a future and even more ambitious Mars Sample Return mission during the next decade.
Reporting directly to the Head of ExoMars Project Control, the new team member will perform a range of Project Control tasks, with an initial emphasis on the following tasks:
- Prepare, develop and maintain the ExoMars overall Cost at Completion (CAC), financial planning and associated reporting activities.
- Bring together information on the ExoMars schedule, cost and risks in order to provide to the management an integrated view of the programmatic status of the Project.
- Review and check the ESA internal expenditures including recharges, support services and purchases for consistency.
- Support the Risk management process of the Project.
- Coordinate the Financial, Accounting and Fixed Asset Management activities of the project, and conduct its daily business in a manner that is fully IPSAS-compliant, interacting with the Agency’s Corporate Finance Division or the External Audit Commission as required.
- Participate in the evaluation of Contract Change Notices and preparation of Disposition Records.
- Participate in the financial closure of contracts once the activities are finalised.
The job will require substantial interaction with other key stakeholders inside ESA such as Finance and Procurement Services, and also outside of the Agency like for example the ExoMars industrial consortium.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a university degree (Msc Engineering or equivalent or MBA) from a recognised Institute of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience and minimum 4 years of relevant professional working experience with the tasks mentioned above.
While conducting all the above, the holder of this post will have to demonstrate the capability to work autonomously and at the same time be able to work effectively as part of a team. The position is to be filled by an experienced project controller, with a focus on cost control and expertise in the use of Financial IT tools.
Additionally, the successful candidate requires appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.