Java Application Developer
The job has expired.
Full details on application
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
The mission concerns an important project of modernization of the financial and accounting system of the European Commission. This system called ABAC (Accrual Based Accounting) created in 2006 relies on an architecture of strongly coupled components based on SAP and Web Logic/Oracle technologies.
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Java Application Developer to join our team in Brussels to begin an exciting and challenging career with Serco at one of our customer site European Institution.
• High-level advice to design, develop and enhance a complex IS architecture (SOA) involving
highly distributed IT systems with heterogeneous technologies. Understanding user
requirements and functional analysis.
• Programming of IT software, testing and debugging.
• Give recommendations, assist in governance definition, define methodologies, best practices in
IT development and IT operations
• Troubleshooting, diagnosis and assistance with the implementation of the architecture, with the
efficiency of operations in mind.
• Give support and maintain data modelling, business process and rules management (BRMS and
BPM). We use the tools ARIS and PowerDesigner.
The Ideal Candidate
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
• Expertise with Oracle Weblogic, more specifically Web Services (WSDL, REST, SOAP,
• Expertise in SQL and PL/SQL (in particular we value knowledge in advance queueing
mechanisms Oracle AQ)
• Expertise in Oracle Service Bus (version 1 lg and upwards)
Languages: The functional technical documentation might be in French and English. Team members need to write and read French and English to be able to use and maintain the documentation.
We carry meetings and communications in English or French.
• We value having knowledge and experience in IT systems for international organizations
more specifically experience with high volume, big data transactional systems
• Knowledge methodologies like ITIL framework, RUP@EC development methodology and
PM2 project management methodology. We also value Agile (SCRUM)
• SQL, Oracle database management knowledge, PL/SQL (including advance queuing)
• Good Knowledge with other data formats (csv, excel...)
• Easy contact and professional interaction with customer and internal parties
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 100,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you