RT-C/TEC-SWM/00432 Modelling and Simulation Engineer
The job has expired.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Modelling and Simulation Engineer.
The successful post holder will provide support to the section activities in the areas of system and architecture modeling.
In addition, support to the development, verification and acceptance of SW infrastructure to support modeling as well as simulation.
The activities will be in the area of:
- System modeling in support of requirements engineering, system architecting and system verification.
- System modeling in support of information traceability and management, in particular linked to system software development.
- Tools and infrastructure maintenance to support system modeling and mission (performance) simulation.
- End-to-end performance simulators for space missions, in terms of the related simulator development (software), processor development for data products and formalisation of corresponding simulator architectures.
Additionally, the successful candidate will cover activities in the following areas:
- Following the complete software lifecycle for the project, encompassing users’ requirement, specification, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment of new SW release and the SW maintenance process.
- Providing support in simulation tools and models used for the project including its 3D visualisation (texture, model...), real time simulator with HW in the loop, models used for simulation.
- Managing communication interfaces between the different project elements, both for flight and ground segments.
- Managing the porting of the flight SW to new HW platform.
- Managing porting of ground segment SW to new HW platform in case of HW obsolescence.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring an M.Sc. or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent, and minimum 4 years of experience in the tasks similar to the ones described above.
The ideal candidate shall have:
- Practical experience of system modeling and mission (performance) simulators.
- Experience in system modeling, using SysML or comparable modeling languages.
- Experience in system architecting using architectural frameworks.
- Experience in system requirements and verification engineering.
- Experience of simulator development, functional and performance, at software level.
- Good knowledge of related methods and tools.
- An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations is essential.
Additionally, the post holder requires the following knowledge and skills:
- Good knowledge of software engineering and configuration control methods, tools and standards (ECSS) is essential, in particular for embedded systems and their associated testing and verification.
- Good programming skills in C and C++ is essential.
- Proficient knowledge of the UNIX / Linux operating systems and advanced knowledge of Windows is important.
- Background and experience in robotic operations is desirable.
- Knowledge of real-time modelling and simulation and its application to space projects is very important.
- Knowledge in visualisation systems (VR) is desirable.
- Experience in spacecraft system engineering is advisable.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.