RT-C/TEC-QQM/00437 PA and Safety Engineer
The job has expired.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a PA and Safety Support Engineer.
The successful candidate will ensure support to the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle European Service Module (MPCV-ESM) Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Manager in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme for the MPCV-ESM Project and deputising for the PA&S Manager as required.
Additionally, the Key Person will cover mainly the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as focal point for PA activities related to the procurement activities for the second ESM Flight Model. In particular, this will involve participation to the manufacturing, integration and test activities, e.g. manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points (MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), test review boards (TRBs);
- Supporting the Risk Management and Configuration Management processes within the ESA Project Team, including the disposition of Request for Deviations and Request for Waivers (RFDs & RFWs);
- Supporting the PA&S Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance identification and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances;
- Assist the PA&S Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Boards - DRBs);
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and reporting on project PA status;
- Extensive travel within Europe and the United States is required.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a PhD or M.Sc. Engineering from a recognised Institute of secondary studies or equivalent and minimum of 10 years’ experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
Additionally, the person requires:
- Relevant experience in PA&S management in the space domain.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.