Launch System Electrical Avionics Engineer
The job has expired.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in the European Space Agency Headquarters (Paris, France), we are currently looking for a Launch System Electrical Avionics Engineer.
The work covers the following technical domains:
- Launch System AIT: definition and control of measurement plans in test requirements and execution, definition of technical specifications for the procurement of specific ground measurement acquisition and storage equipment.
- Electrical interfaces: schematics integration and analysis, electrical performances analyses (e.g. power supply transient and steady-state analyses, measurement accuracy, others).
- System EMC verifications (grounding/bonding quality measurement, CE/CS, RE/RS).
- Real-time system's modelling, analysis, specification and troubleshooting.
- Computers for real-time on-board applications, both as selfcontained units and as embedded items in subsystem equipment.
The work includes system design for fault-tolerant computer systems, component design and development, operating systems, and identification of tools and methods for dependable specification, design and testing.
- Data systems for on-board data communication, spacecraft system operation under ground control and with on-board autonomy, ground/on-board data communication, and (for manned spaceflight) crew informatics and interfaces. This includes data system standards and specific software, e.g. data communication software.
- Data storage, i.e. on-board solid-state mass memory systems, including architecture, components, interfaces, packaging technologies, and operational usage.
- Electronic design essentially for the implementation of digital functions related to on-board data systems.
- Payload data acquisition and processing chains, including digital and image processing techniques and devices.
A diverse range of support tasks is required to be carried out within the above tasks, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects in support to the Ariane 6 project. These can be grouped within the following main headings:
- Definition of technical specifications for the procurement of HW/SW items;
- Evaluation of verification analyses and reports;
- Participation in reviews and meetings;
- Overseeing the Launch System Combined Tests and Launch Campaign qualification tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
The Key Person will bring a Master Degree in a relevant discipline and at least 4 years of experience in a relevant area. Additionally, she/he will have:
- Knowledge of electrical systems architectures of a launch system.
- Knowledge of TTE protocol and its implementation.
- Knowledge of main serial data exchange protocols and end-to-end wired measurement chains.
- Understanding of main Launch System RF communications.
- Experience in equipment procurement, sub-systems integration and testing.
- Experience in spacecraft project support in particular related to spacecraft data handling.
- Knowledge of the space environment, related standards and space quality requirements.
All applicants must hold a current valid work permit for France or be EU / EEA nationals.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About The Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.